Counselling is about you. Not “treatments”. Not tick this box or fill in this form. Together we will build a working relationship where you are respected, safe.
You and I begin by helping you sort out what you need and want from counselling, what’s really itching at you. You choose how many times you come and how frequently. I am there with you to help you find your way through to a better place…. a new way of doing things, a way of being that makes more sense and helps you get up in the morning, a way to flourish.
Experience with adults:
- Grief and loss
- Self-esteem/ social skills/ Asperger’s
- Communication and assertiveness
- Anger management/ domestic violence/ bullying
- Childhood sexual abuse, neglect or difficulties
- Trauma and dissociation/ PTSD
- Adoption/ family issues/ parenting
- Sexuality/ sexual addictions/ sexual identity/ Coming Out
- Carers of friends, family etc (free)
- Making life decisions: work/home/relationship/health
My work with adolescent girls gets good results. Girls and I click, partly because I was a drama teacher and because I still can be in that space, zany with a gentle edge. My experience with them includes cutting, eating disorders, anxiety, social skills, family dynamics and change, adjusting to parental separation, grief, communication and assertiveness, Young Carers (free!), bullying, identity and sexuality.
I see adolescent boys when they are dealing with caring for a parent or sibling with a mental health issue, illness or disability. Free!
My work with children has included school refusal, anxiety, bullying, social skills, Young Carers (free), relationships with parents or friends, trauma, step-families (blended families), grief, confidence and assertiveness. I use play therapies including Sandplay.