Formerly called marriage counselling, couple counselling or relationship counselling has been a major strand of my business for 17 years. You will find I do not blame, judge or take sides. I am open to feedback if I have missed something: in fact I invite couples to give me feedback on whether the approach I have chosen suits them… We work together.
LGBTI-friendly, I work with respect, honouring couples from varied backgrounds, cultures and beliefs. Evangelical Christians have often sought me out and found my approach helpful, and I have worked with Buddhists, Hindus and Jehovah’s Witnesses, as well as atheists or those with alternative spiritual traditions.
Some couple issues I have worked with include:
- Sexual matters: sexual addictions, sexual orientation, impotence, dissatisfaction, loss of interest or passion mis-matched sex drive, becoming orgasmic, pregnancy.
- Communication/conflict resolution
- Pre-marriage counselling
- Post-retirement matters
- Anger management/ domestic violence
- In laws and outlaws
- Cross-cultural issues
- Relationship goals/ are you going in the same direction?
- Emotional intimacy/ rebuilding friendship
- Step-parenting/ blended families
- Parenting together
- Coming out to your partner/family/kids
To get free downloads on how you can improve your relationship, click here.